New tech is emerging all the time. From the advent of television to the desktop PC, marketers have had to adapt their style to suit how consumers were interacting with media for decades now.
And that lifecycle is continuing. We are – or should be – past the age where marketers are figuring out how to engage an audience via smartphone, tablet and personal devices. But the next phase of tech, including internet of things (IoT) devices, will of course throw up loopholes and require marketing to evolve yet again.
One company that is getting in early to combat a customer engagement gap is RedPoint Global, which has just released updates to its Convergent Marketing Platform.
Data-driven personalisation is the lifeblood of powerful, brand-building marketing campaigns
The updates mean users can now connect to IoT devices such as gaming consoles, appliances, cars and DMPs. In addition, RedPoint has added other new features, such as:
- Real-time triggered and transactional messages: Marketers can now use listening activities in campaign design to send messages consumers
- Library of models: Marketers can choose from a library of predictive models and scorecards
- Adaptive marketing interface: Users can now leverage various marketing roles, define new roles, and manage appropriate campaigns, approvals, tasks, and content based on permissions with greater efficiency
- New channels and ad tech: Marketers can connect with any open channel like gaming, IoT devices, appliances, vehicles, ad tech, and cloud-based services like Microsoft Azure and Amazon Web Services. Additional channel enhancements include SparkPost, Facebook Marketing, Twitter Tailored Audiences (in beta), and Twilio SMS
- Expanded database options: Database options have been enhanced, with support for the SAP HANA high performance in-memory database
The platform now also features interactive, customisable marketing dashboards that incorporate data from any internal or external data source.
“Data-driven personalisation is the lifeblood of powerful, brand-building marketing campaigns” said Patrick Tripp, vice president of product strategy at RedPoint Global.
“Our new interactive marketing dashboards and open marketing channels allow marketers to extend their marketing technology ecosystem and enables them to create an ongoing cycle of engagement with their consumers.”